I just updated Shockwave and now have three versions in my plugins: 126.96.36.1996, 188.8.131.526 and 184.108.40.2067. I can disable the two older, but not remove them.
Should I and how if so?
Go to Solution.
Yes, you should remove the old ones if you can.
Firefox should reveal the full paths if you go through the following procedure.
(1) Re-enable the disabled plugins
(2) Turn on the plugin.expose_full_path setting here:
(i) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(ii) In the filter box, type or paste path and pause while the list is filtered
(iii) Double-click plugin.expose_full_path to switch its value to true
(3) In a new tab, open aboutlugins. This page should list all of your Shockwave for Director plugins with full paths. Are they there?
(4) After gathering that information, return to about:config and toggle plugin.expose_full_path back to its default value of false. You can close this tab.
(5) Finally, return to the Add-ons > Plugins page and disable the old plugins again.
If that doesn't work, there's probably a settings file that has the information.
A shame Adobe doesn't remove older versions on update or allow manual removal. But worked like a charm