cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie Not Loaded. (Flash Movie)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Movie Not Loaded. (Flash Movie)

when i visit a particular site to watch flash movie, i get a message saying : "Movie Not Loaded" But when i check the same site on IE or Google Chrome, the movie loads.

This issue started after i updated to the latest Firefox 4.0.1. I had also updated the flash plugins but still the same problem.

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Movie Not Loaded. (Flash Movie)

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

You can also try "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window.

In Firefox 4 you can use one of these to start in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode:

• Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
  • Hold down the Shift key while double clicking the Firefox desktop shortcut (Windows)
New Contributor

Hi cor-el, your suggestion solved the problem. The video loads in safe mode. But how do i fix the cause of the problem when i restart to normal mode?

What extension could be the problem?

How do i narrow the trouble extension or plugin in normal mode?

Site Moderator

If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.

• Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
  • Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")

In Firefox 4 Safe mode disables extensions and disables hardware acceleration.

• Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"

If disabling hardware acceleration works then check if there is an update available for your graphics display driver.

New Contributor

I had the same problem. I tried all the solutions above from cor-el without any luck.

But after clearing offline storage, youtube started working again.

Tool -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Clean Now (under Offline Storage)