cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse-curser 'hangs', then 'jumps' when hovering over elements or loading any website

Highlighted
New User

Mouse-curser 'hangs', then 'jumps' when hovering over elements or loading any website

This is most noticable on the 'new Tab' screen. It's nearly impossible to select any of the websites on the grid because the mouse freezes on entering the box and then, after a second, jumps a few inches in whatever direction the mouse was moving before.

This also happens when webpages are loaded in the background.

This only happens on Webpages containing graphical Elements, 'pure text' Websites are causing no problems.

I just setup my Machine with a fresh WindowsXP install, all updates available to this date. This occured before i manually installed any Addons.

Running on Intel core2Duo 2,8GHz, 3GB RAM, fast and healthy HDD's. ATI Radeon HD 3800 with Catalyst 12.6. No other Applications have issues.

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Mouse-curser 'hangs', then 'jumps' when hovering over elements or loading any website

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

New User

Re: Mouse-curser 'hangs', then 'jumps' when hovering over elements or loading any website

I had the same problem. I fixed it by enabling the Microsoft .NET plug-in.