Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimize/Maximize//Close buttons, i need to disable them

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Minimize/Maximize//Close buttons, i need to disable them

I tried everything, installed ChromeEdit plus and inserted the code i found on this forum and nothing happened. I have firefox mozilla 18 at the moment and windows 7. And i didn't find UserChrome.css and UserContent.css file but this ChromeEdit tool creates those 2 files, so i looked into profile files and in chrome folder this 2 files are empty so i just need the right code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Minimize/Maximize//Close buttons, i need to disable them

This is the one:

#titlebar {display: none !important;}
#main-window {-moz-appearance:none !important;}

i found it somewhere on forum. It was so painful, but finally i made it. Don't know how to thank you, you are very helpful and you know how to help.

Thanks again!

21 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Check with Firefox Addons

Site Moderator

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

#autohide-context { display:none!important; } /* hide "Exit Full Screen Mode" */
#window-controls  { display:none!important; } /* hide window controls */

The customization files userChrome.css (interface) and userContent.css (websites) are located in the chrome folder in the user profile folder.

New Contributor

Thanks cor-el for reply,

bu this still didn't solve my problem. I copied this code into userChrome.css in folder chrome and nothing happened. I know this code worked for older versions of mozilla but i need to find solution for this one. I think i need entire code, can you help me with this? I found some on other forums but still didn't manage to run it properly.

Thanks

Site Moderator

Does other code in the userChrome.css file work?

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_configuration/Troubleshooting

Make sure that the File name is userChrome.css (case sensitive) and doesn't have a hidden .txt appended (file type is Cascading Stylesheet and not Text Document).

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
New Contributor

Yes everything is perfect, i have a Chrome edit plus tool which create this file automatically. Tried also some other code but it doesn't work... I need whole code or i can just insert some sections of code?

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

You said this is needed only once. If i am correct this should already be there?

New Contributor

This code works perfectly:

menu, menuitem {

font-size: 32px !important;

}

So it is something wrong with code you posted. Can you somehow customize it? Thanks for help again.

Site Moderator

Can you post the content of the userChrome.css file?

New Contributor

If i understand you, the userChrome.css file is empty at the moment. If i insert this code: menu, menuitem {font-size: 32px !important;} I have bigger menu in browser.

New Contributor

But i need your code to work.

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* What is the meaning of this?*/

#autohide-context { display:none!important; } /* this one hide exit and full screen buttons? */

#window-controls  { display:none!important; } /*this one hide window controls */

must be # at the beginning and @. Sorry i don't know nothing about code it self, i don't understand it. I just want to find solution. you are very helpful, thanks.

Ps: i don't know why number 1 is there, in code is #