cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all bookmarks & hyperlinks are now black! (Mac)

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Lost all bookmarks & hyperlinks are now black! (Mac)

While using firefox my browser froze as i ran out of memory. I tried to close some windows while the browser was paused, however it was frozen so i had to force quit. When i re opened firefox all my bookmarks were gone, both in the toolbar and bookmark folder. I tried to restore however it gives the error message "Unable To Process The Backup File". I have tried following the support pages with no luck. I have also tried to downgrade from 15.0.1 to 14.0.1 but this made no difference. Also, i have noticed when i was using google to search for help all hyperlinks are now showing as black instead of blue! This is happening with multiple web pages.

Is there any way to manually restore the bookmark folder or is this impossible? I can't figure out how to fix this.

Current version of OSX i am running is 10.5.8 Current version of Firefox is 14.0.1

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Lost all bookmarks & hyperlinks are now black! (Mac)

Would like to say i have solved this problem myself. Decided to risk using the 'reset firefox' button (Help > Troubleshooting Information > Reset Firefox) which worked a treat. As soon as i pressed it, everything was restored! I am surprised i did not find this referred to in any help docs.

Hope this may help someone in the future.

1 REPLY
New User

Re: Lost all bookmarks & hyperlinks are now black! (Mac)

Would like to say i have solved this problem myself. Decided to risk using the 'reset firefox' button (Help > Troubleshooting Information > Reset Firefox) which worked a treat. As soon as i pressed it, everything was restored! I am surprised i did not find this referred to in any help docs.

Hope this may help someone in the future.