Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of Adobe Flash Player not working in Firefox13

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Latest version of Adobe Flash Player not working in Firefox13

I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox (13.0) and then installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257. Now when I try view on-line video clips the area on the page where the video player would normally display is a "blank" white space. This occurs on any site where there a video clip or amination The upgrade of the flash player however works perfectly with Internet Explorer. Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Latest version of Adobe Flash Player not working in Firefox13

Thanks Alidjow. This problem was resolved using this solution:

Hi, I had this issue today and I fixed it with this solution : 1) Uninstall Adobe Flash Player plugin in Windows programs 2) Launch Firefox and go in www.youtube.com 3) Firefox suggests to install Flash Player's plugin (yellow bar at top). Install it. In my view this is only temporary because the previous version of Flash Player was install not the most recent and Adobe will eventually advise that there is a new version to be installed. What should I do then. Firefox need to look into this.

27 REPLIES
SUMO Contributor

There are a number of active threads concerning the latest Flash player plugin (11.3) and the latest Firefox (13). Not all users are experiencing the same issues, but things to check include the following:

- Conflict with Realplayer Browser Record plugin (to disable this, open Add-ons from the orange Firefox button or the classic Tools menu and look under the Extensions and Plugins categories)

- Conflict with Flash 11.3 Protected Mode (see Adobe Forums: How do I disable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?)

Scanning down the front of the forums probably will yield additional suggestions: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions

Does any of that appear promising?

New User

Thanks Alidjow. This problem was resolved using this solution:

Hi, I had this issue today and I fixed it with this solution : 1) Uninstall Adobe Flash Player plugin in Windows programs 2) Launch Firefox and go in www.youtube.com 3) Firefox suggests to install Flash Player's plugin (yellow bar at top). Install it. In my view this is only temporary because the previous version of Flash Player was install not the most recent and Adobe will eventually advise that there is a new version to be installed. What should I do then. Firefox need to look into this.

SUMO Contributor

Hi rgm121, Mozilla and Adobe are working on a solution for this.

New User

I had the same problem IE; not being able to play youtube vids. I went to the adobe page and found a solution. Because I also have realplayer installed this seemed to work. Open real player click on realplayer icon top left go to preferences click on "download and recording" uncheck "enable web download and recording for these installed browsers" restart fire fox

It has something to do with flash players new protected mode for firefox http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0 Hope this helps

New User

I love Firefox and I've honestly never used any browser for my Internet surfing needs. However, this bug has been a major problem for me and I've temporarily resorted to using a different browser until it's resolved. Hopefully that's soon before I get too attached to my new alternative.

SUMO Contributor

Hi artifex, this article is being kept up-to-date with the latest information on this issue: Flash 11.3 doesn't load video in Firefox.

New User

I can't thank you enough for that link - I used the solution and it worked! Although it required me to downgrade from the newest version of Flash, I feel that it was totally worth it. I *really* like Firefox!

Thanks again & have a great day!

New User

Same problem here I am using google chrome and I dont like to use another broweser I am accustomed with Firefox... Ufff

SUMO Contributor

Hi Redi-Albania, if the article linked above doesn't help, please reply with the steps you have tried and the remaining symptoms.