Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Java update

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Latest Java update

Hi, My Firefox plug-in check is telling me that there is an update for Java, but when I visit the link it's still taking me to the old update (the Java 7 update 9). Also, according to the Java test page, Java 7u9 is still showing that it's the latest...it says I have the recommended version.

Is there an newer update somewhere?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Latest Java update

• update*

It looks as though the issue has been fixed. When checked my plug-ins this evening, the 7u9 had corrected itself and is now displaying the actual update (7u10).

I've uninstalled the 7u9 completely and everything is checking out on FF! :)

2012-12-14-14-38-01-911af7.png
119 REPLIES
Site Moderator

See Java Platform > Java SE 7U10 or Java 6U38 (Download JRE)

New User

Thanks for the link, cor-el

My Windows Vista is 32-bit. And the only Windows download that's available in the provided link says  "Windows x64." Is that referring to only those with 64-bit?

Thanks.

Support Forum Moderator

These are the 32-bit download links on the download page.

Windows x86 Online 0.85 MB jre-7u10-windows-i586-iftw.exe
Windows x86 Offline 29.99 MB jre-7u10-windows-i586.exe

Site Moderator

Did you visit the download page?

It is best to download the full Windows x86 Offline version.

New User

Thanks, the-edmeister!

I have it saved and ready to install, but why are they making this update so complicated and difficult to find? Their test page is still telling me that I have the recommended version...this latest update has been tested, right?

New User

I have been on their download page, it's just extremely confusing for those of us who don't know what they're doing. :)

Cor-el, you mentioned the Offline version for download...I always though it was better to opt for the Online links?

New User

I just tried to install the offline version of update 10. It looked as though it was successful, but when I checked it on Java's test page, it told me that I was missing a plug-in and it took me to a link for installing the update 9.

Should I try the offline version of 10?

Site Moderator

Try to uninstall the current Java 7U9 version if you have problems with updating.
That is probably also a lot faster and should install the new version in a few seconds..

New User

That's what I initially tried...

This is where I am right now. (Hopefully it's okay.)

I have installed the latest Java update (10). My plug-ins are now all up to date when checked on the Firefox plug-in page, and Java's test page shows that I have the latest version.

My only concern is that I had to reinstall Java 7 update 9 in order for it to work on Firefox. When I only had Java 7 update 10, Java's test page did not detect the Java plug-in...it prompted me to install Java 7 update 9. (Which I had previously uninstalled.)

Is it okay to have both? It was only Firefox that didn't seem to like the update 10. Safari and IE were fine.

{Based on the screenshot, it looks like we still need the SE 7 U 9.}

2012-12-12-11-09-24-911af7.png