Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Java update

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Latest Java update

Hi, My Firefox plug-in check is telling me that there is an update for Java, but when I visit the link it's still taking me to the old update (the Java 7 update 9). Also, according to the Java test page, Java 7u9 is still showing that it's the latest...it says I have the recommended version.

Is there an newer update somewhere?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Latest Java update

• update*

It looks as though the issue has been fixed. When checked my plug-ins this evening, the 7u9 had corrected itself and is now displaying the actual update (7u10).

I've uninstalled the 7u9 completely and everything is checking out on FF! Smiley Happy

2012-12-14-14-38-01-911af7.png
119 REPLIES
Site Moderator

See Java Platform > Java SE 7U10 or Java 6U38 (Download JRE)

New User

Thanks for the link, cor-el

My Windows Vista is 32-bit. And the only Windows download that's available in the provided link says  "Windows x64." Is that referring to only those with 64-bit?

Thanks.

Support Forum Moderator

These are the 32-bit download links on the download page.

Windows x86 Online 0.85 MB jre-7u10-windows-i586-iftw.exe
Windows x86 Offline 29.99 MB jre-7u10-windows-i586.exe

Site Moderator

Did you visit the download page?

It is best to download the full Windows x86 Offline version.

New User

Thanks, the-edmeister!

I have it saved and ready to install, but why are they making this update so complicated and difficult to find? Their test page is still telling me that I have the recommended version...this latest update has been tested, right?

New User

I have been on their download page, it's just extremely confusing for those of us who don't know what they're doing. Smiley Happy

Cor-el, you mentioned the Offline version for download...I always though it was better to opt for the Online links?

New User

I just tried to install the offline version of update 10. It looked as though it was successful, but when I checked it on Java's test page, it told me that I was missing a plug-in and it took me to a link for installing the update 9.

Should I try the offline version of 10?

Site Moderator

Try to uninstall the current Java 7U9 version if you have problems with updating.
That is probably also a lot faster and should install the new version in a few seconds..

New User

That's what I initially tried...

This is where I am right now. (Hopefully it's okay.)

I have installed the latest Java update (10). My plug-ins are now all up to date when checked on the Firefox plug-in page, and Java's test page shows that I have the latest version.

My only concern is that I had to reinstall Java 7 update 9 in order for it to work on Firefox. When I only had Java 7 update 10, Java's test page did not detect the Java plug-in...it prompted me to install Java 7 update 9. (Which I had previously uninstalled.)

Is it okay to have both? It was only Firefox that didn't seem to like the update 10. Safari and IE were fine.

{Based on the screenshot, it looks like we still need the SE 7 U 9.}

2012-12-12-11-09-24-911af7.png