Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Firefox Update Not Recognizing Flash Player

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Latest Firefox Update Not Recognizing Flash Player

I restarted my computer this morning, as it was running a bit slugglish. The restart initiated both a Firefox update and a Flash update to the latest versions. I've uninstalled Flash several times with the Flash uninstaller. I've even down-graded to 10.3. Same result. Firefox simply isn't recognizing the install and I'm unable to view any Flash content. On any page that requires it, the 'Install Missing Plugin' button appears. Whether it's 10.3 or the latest 11.4, it doesn't exist in the Add-ons manager. I've installed the latest real Player as well, in case it had something to do with the issue. No apparent connection. No issues with the installations themselves have been experienced - everything proceeds as expected.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Latest Firefox Update Not Recognizing Flash Player

any help when you manually copy the contents of the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash folder into C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins?

17 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Goto the below link and check your flash. if it is old, update it http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

New Contributor

Firefox doesn't recognize the installation of any version of Flash.

New Contributor

See post 3 at this adobe flash forum thread. It might have the fix. Others having same problem in various threads there: Says to try offline installer.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1068256?tstart=0

New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just attempted the fix and no joy. Still not recognizing the install. I've restarted several times with all of these uninstall/reinstalls - still no luck. Very frustrating.

Legendary Contributor

Hi W0LFY

try to Re-initializing the plugins database and check it again

thank you

New Contributor

Had the same problem, after uninstalling and installing older version- older than 10.2, it got fixed.

Get the older flash versions from here http://goo.gl/SO9cW

New Contributor

Hi ideato,

That hasn't worked unfortunately. I'll now try the suggestion below (thanks exploter), but it would be great to find a solution that enables the installation of the latest version. I'll report back about this next attempt.

New Contributor

Well, I'm afraid that hasn't worked either. I first uninstalled the last install with Flash Uninstaller, and then reinstalled 10.2 - still isn't being recognized.

New Contributor

ideato,

Would it make any sense to manually add the missing info to the pluginreg.dat file?