cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard and mouse functionality changed after update to 18.0. Shift key always returns you to previous screen

Highlighted
New Contributor

Keyboard and mouse functionality changed after update to 18.0. Shift key always returns you to previous screen

Scroll button on mouse does not move material

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Keyboard and mouse functionality changed after update to 18.0. Shift key always returns you to previous screen

hello, yes there have been changes to the scrolling behaviour in firefox 17 (for technical background see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:Mouse_Wheel_Scrolling). could you describe what exactly you're trying to achieve?

New Contributor

Re: Keyboard and mouse functionality changed after update to 18.0. Shift key always returns you to previous screen

I am simply trying to scroll down in documents/web pages using the wheel on the mouse which after 18.0 update does nothing. Also anytime I attempt to use the shift key to capitalize something it moves me to the previous web page. I am using Windows 7.

Site Moderator

You can set the mousewheel.with_shift.action pref to "1" on the about:config page (same as mousewheel.default.action).