cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just recently I am getting the following error message when trying to access web sites. I get a pop up window stating "Exc in ev handl: TypeError: c.location is null" then I have to click ok. It is an issue with some plug-in?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Just recently I am getting the following error message when trying to access web sites. I get a pop up window stating "Exc in ev handl: TypeError: c.location is null" then I have to click ok. It is an issue with some plug-in?

Just recently I am getting the following error message when trying to access web sites. I am using Firefox browser version 10.0.2. I get a pop up window stating "Exc in ev handl: TypeError: c.location is null" as the web site page is being displayed in browser winder. Then I have to click ok. It doesn't matter what web link/site I go to it happens. It is an issue with some plug-in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Just recently I am getting the following error message when trying to access web sites. I get a pop up window stating "Exc in ev handl: TypeError: c.location is null" then I have to click ok. It is an issue with some plug-in?

This is an issue only for SiteAdvisor users who are still on 3.4. This issue is fixed in the latest version of SiteAdvisor which is 3.4.1.195. Go to http://siteadvisor.com and click on download. This will fix your issue.

In the mean time, SiteAdvisor team will push down a JS update in the next 1-2 days to automatically fix this issue in 3.4.

13 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Just recently I am getting the following error message when trying to access web sites. I get a pop up window stating "Exc in ev handl: TypeError: c.location is null" then I have to click ok. It is an issue with some plug-in?

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

New Contributor

the problem goes away when I start firefox in safe mode with all add-ons disabled. What should I try next? But to let you know....When I disabled all add-ons after a normal Firefox start up I get this error when starting firefox " exc in ev handl: typeError this.oroot.enable is not a function" I have to click ok to close the error window, but then when firefox window opens and I can go to web sites/link and the first error message that I reporedt is gone.

New Contributor

update also when I start firefox in safe mode with no options checked/selected firefox starts, and I can go to any web link/site without getting any errors.

New Contributor

ok, it appears that when I disable the McAfee Site Advisor 3.4.0 extension that all error messages go away. So it seems this is/was the issue. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

Site Moderator

If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.

• Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
  • Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
New Contributor

I got the same error message. Following advice from this forum, I disabled only McAfee Site Advisor and the problem goes away. That suggests either a direct problem with Site Advisor or a bad interaction with another plug-in. Maybe we should get on McAfee's case about this.

New Contributor

I have advised McAfee's product team of the problem and this thread, and they're looking into it now.

New Contributor

I only get error by clicking on a link provided by a Google search. No problem if I use another search engine.

New Contributor

I had a McAfee technician tell me I was just imagining this problem and that Java was the cause. Good luck with any help from McAfee. I disabled SiteAdvisor and all is well.