cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just installed Firefox 18 and now when I hover over bookmarks they get blacked out, why>?

Highlighted
New User

Just installed Firefox 18 and now when I hover over bookmarks they get blacked out, why>?

Just installed Firefox 18 and now when I hover over bookmarks they get blacked out, why?

Windows 7 ,Lenovo G580, 8Gb Mem, 4GB AMD radion graphics card, no other changes other than installing FF18

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Just installed Firefox 18 and now when I hover over bookmarks they get blacked out, why>?

hello, do you use a custom theme - can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once?

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

New User

Re: Just installed Firefox 18 and now when I hover over bookmarks they get blacked out, why>?

I don't use any custom themes, and this behaviour does not happen in safe mode, but that doesn't really help does it?

Site Moderator

in this case the obvious other candidate would be an incompatible extension - can you disable them one-by-one to find out which one is interfering.

alternatively you could try to reset firefox (this will keep your bookmarks & passwords): Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings

New User

so I did a reset firefox and it didn't help one bit, but it did screw up my layout and configuration - brilliant NOT!