cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java(TM) not showing up in add-ons after installing?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Java(TM) not showing up in add-ons after installing?

Java Deployment Toolkit shows up but not Java(TM) Runtime!

I installed a fresh copy of Mozilla Firefox and a the latest 64 and 32-bit versions of the latest Java then restarted my PC. When I run Java programs on my browser it says that I have a missing plugin...

It used to work before with the same version of Firefox but with the older Java.

12 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: Java(TM) not showing up in add-ons after installing?

Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.

Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.

To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.

New Contributor

Done that long time ago. Yes, all of them are updated to the latest version and I've been updating all my plug-ins among other computer software since I got my computer.

The "Java(TM) Platform" add-on is not showing up, that's the problem not the update whatever thing.

Legendary Contributor

The problem with Java..
The issues will be solved soon

New Contributor

kk... if it's not a firefox issue, then I'll go ask the people at java what they're doing.

in the meantime, ill keep waiting for responses here and see what other members say.

Site Moderator

See also these threads.

New Contributor

tried the clean the registry solution, no luck :/

Site Moderator

Do you have JavaFX installed?

New Contributor

No I don't. Never had though...

Downloading now... will let you know what happens.

New Contributor

I can't download it separately, so I'm gonna download Java Dev. Kit instead and replace my regular runtime.