Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java (TM) Platform Missing from Plugins

Highlighted
New Contributor

Java (TM) Platform Missing from Plugins

I have the following currently installed: Firefox 16.0.1

Java Standard Edition Version 7 Update 9 (build 1.7.0_09-b05)

Windows XP

• NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
  • Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
  • Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
  • Version 3.9.1.9832
  • Google Update
  • McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
  • iTunes Detector Plug-in
  • Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
  • SiteAdvisor
  • The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
  • Unity Player 3.4.2f3
  • GEPlugin
  • Yahoo Application State Plugin version 1.0.0.7
  • Octoshape embedded video plugin
  • NPWLPG
  • Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
  • Virtual Earth 3D 3.00080829001 plugin for Mozilla
  • Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
  • np-mswmp
  • Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
17 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Java (TM) Platform Missing from Plugins

I'm unable to get the Java (TM) Platform added to my Firefox Browser. I have spent well over 20hrs trying everything I could find here in Firefox support. As a last resort I deleted all Firefox files from numerous locations and installed a fresh copy of firefox. However I must have missed something cause after installing the fresh copy I noticed all the same old plugins appeared in the Addons List. I have no problems with any of my other browsers. My situation is actually the same as several others I read here, only difference is I have the most recent versions of Java and Firefox installed. All others I read were 2+ yrs ago. Just like others, java.com says something is wrong java is not working. I would appreciate any support given.

Site Moderator

Do you have the required registry key that Firefox uses to scan for installed plugins?

• HKCU\Software\MozillaPlugins\plugin-id
  • HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\plugin-id

Try to uninstall and reinstall Java.
You may need to run the Java installer as Administrator (right-click: Run as > Administrator) to make sure that the required registry keys are created.

Try to uninstall Java with the JavaRa program and reinstall (32 bit) Java.

See Java Platform > Java SE 7U9 or Java 6U37 (Download JRE)

New Contributor

Thanks so much for responding. Nothing suggested worked. I was unable to figure out how to install the registry keys first mentioned. "Right click and run as a administrator" requires a password that I could not find in your instructions.

New Contributor

I also cannot find the Java platform plugin. Firefox told me there were problems with Java some weeks back and that I should update it. I have tried to do this for weeks - but it either fails, or if I can get it to install I do not get the java plugin platform! I have uninstalled Java, and every trace of it I can find, before reinstalling. I have used CCleaner to clean up the registry, to uninstall everything that looked relevant, have rebooted my computer (and all this several times now, over several weeks and counting). I have deleted blocklist.xml and pluginreg.dat as per https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2012/04/04/update-on-java-blocklist/ I have now been able to reinstal Java - but can only install the 64 bit version. The 32 bit version fails every time. If I can't fix, I will have to use another browser, because I have to use Java to record webinars I run for my business! Appreciate this might be a Java issue too, and I have written to them. I have just seen a lot of threads about this problem, but after days of digging, I have not been able to find a solution that works. Hoping someone else has the magic button! thanks

New Contributor

cor-el or anyone else have a possible solution? I'm open to try anything with decent instructions.

Legendary Contributor

hello Z71Tahoe do you have it (see the screenshoot) in

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\dtplugin

if yes, any luck if you copy and paste it to firefox plugin folder ? :

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

thank you

2012-10-29-10-21-19-ec1658.png
New Contributor

Yes I do have this: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\dtplugin

Edit: I DO NOT have the following> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

Here is what I do have> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins

Everything in the "searchplugins" folder is a .xml file.

New Contributor

Responded above please help.

Legendary Contributor

hi again, you can create the file with the name plugins(in the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\) but you need, as cor-el said above to create also a registry key(string value) to HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 16.0.2\extensions {because firefox need to know from where to read the information} with the name Plugins and data C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins.