cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items in "Tools">Options/Advanced/Network Tab/Settings are greyed out. I am trying to clear cache; maybe also have Firefox do it automatically, but cannot get there. Why are the menu options greyed out?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Items in "Tools">Options/Advanced/Network Tab/Settings are greyed out. I am trying to clear cache; maybe also have Firefox do it automatically, but cannot get there. Why are the menu options greyed out?

Firefox 3.6.17

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expert User

Re: Items in "Tools">Options/Advanced/Network Tab/Settings are greyed out. I am trying to clear cache; maybe also have Firefox do it automatically, but cannot get there. Why are the menu options greyed out?

1). You may need to click the bottom radio box ("use manual settings") to enable manual proxy configuration.

2). Please see How to clear the Firefox cache.

1 REPLY
Expert User

Re: Items in "Tools">Options/Advanced/Network Tab/Settings are greyed out. I am trying to clear cache; maybe also have Firefox do it automatically, but cannot get there. Why are the menu options greyed out?

1). You may need to click the bottom radio box ("use manual settings") to enable manual proxy configuration.

2). Please see How to clear the Firefox cache.