cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the newer Firefox version compatible with all Mac? My last download said it was not.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is the newer Firefox version compatible with all Mac? My last download said it was not.

I have MAC OS X 10.4.11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Is the newer Firefox version compatible with all Mac? My last download said it was not.

See:

No, Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.

You can look at:

22 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Is the newer Firefox version compatible with all Mac? My last download said it was not.

See:

No, Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.

You can look at:

New Contributor

Well, I think the Intel Mac requirement needs to be more prominently displayed. The download bar merely says it's a download for Mac OS X with a sub-note All Systems and Languages. My 10.1.11 rejected it. Poor execution by Mozilla, I think.

New Contributor

Yes agreed - now I have to see how to uninstall Firefox and see if it is possible to revert back to my older version.....as yet I haven't done this, so am using Safari instead - perhaps what Apple ultimately intended!

New Contributor

Ditto here. I can't find anyplace to re-install the older version. Can anyone help?

New Contributor

So how do you find the older version to install on Mac OS X 10.4.11?

Support Forum Moderator

New Contributor

I can't get the older version download to start. never mind i lied it downloaded

Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

There's also an outside group that is maintaining a version of Firefox 4 that works on PPC. You can get it here: http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/

New Contributor

fairly annoyed about this lack of disclosure. The 'all systems and languages' was pretty reassuring. Mozilla needs a link for less than os 10.5 asap. safari isn't as bad as it used to be.