Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Add-ons

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Installing Add-ons

What are the proper steps for installing an Add-On when I want to opt out of all the other stuff that comes with the Add-On, such as tool bars, calendars, and other things I don't want. Or am I supposed to simply install it and then somehow delete the rest of the things? I'm not going to try any Add-Ons until I can be assured that I won't wind up with all the extras. Thank you for any help you may provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Installing Add-ons

What add-on are you trying to install? If you install from addons.mozilla.org, none of those add-ons will be coming with anything extra (they are policed by Mozilla and any add-on that violates our policies is removed). If you are trying to install from another source then I can't promise it won't come with some other bundled stuff.

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

What add-on are you trying to install? If you install from addons.mozilla.org, none of those add-ons will be coming with anything extra (they are policed by Mozilla and any add-on that violates our policies is removed). If you are trying to install from another source then I can't promise it won't come with some other bundled stuff.

New Contributor

Tylerdowner: It's good news to hear that if the installation of addons is directly from Mozilla, there will not be extra things bundled on. I want to use the NoScript addon, and possibly a few more. I forget where it was that I read that addons can bring you a lot of other things as well, and I was afraid of that. Thanks for your reply.

from CuriosityCat