cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN MY FACEBOOK ACCT. IT TELLS MY CITY & STATE IN WHICH I'M AT VIA FIREFOX, I WANT TO TURN THIS FEATURE OFF BUT HOW?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

IN MY FACEBOOK ACCT. IT TELLS MY CITY & STATE IN WHICH I'M AT VIA FIREFOX, I WANT TO TURN THIS FEATURE OFF BUT HOW?

THEREFORE, EVERY TIME THAT I POST SOMETHING, IT TELLS EVERYONE MY LOCATION. HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF FROM FIREFOX?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: IN MY FACEBOOK ACCT. IT TELLS MY CITY & STATE IN WHICH I'M AT VIA FIREFOX, I WANT TO TURN THIS FEATURE OFF BUT HOW?

Please don't type in ALL CAPS, it's considered yelling, rude and is hard to read.

That message you see is just telling you what computers are logged into your facebook account. You can use that to see if someone else hacked your account from another location. https://www.facebook.com/help/337244676357509/ might help, but this is a Facebook question not a firefox one.

4 REPLIES
New User

Re: IN MY FACEBOOK ACCT. IT TELLS MY CITY & STATE IN WHICH I'M AT VIA FIREFOX, I WANT TO TURN THIS FEATURE OFF BUT HOW?

This isn't a Firefox side problem but a Facebook side problem. Try adjusting privacy settings in Facebook.

New User

I ORIGINALLY WENT INTO "SECURITY" SETTINGS ON MY FB ACCOUNT & UNDER "ACTIVE SESSION" & CLICKED ON "EDIT" & THIS IS WHERE I FOUND THE BELOW BUT THERE ISN'T ANY TYPE OF EDITING FEATURE.

CURRENT SESSION LOCATION: (MY CURRENT LOCATION) DEVICE TYPE: FIREFOX ON WINDOWS 7

THERE ISN'T ANYTHING IN THE "SECURITY" SETTING THAT CAN CHANGE THIS. IS THERE ANOTHER SOLUTION?

Site Moderator

Please don't type in ALL CAPS, it's considered yelling, rude and is hard to read.

That message you see is just telling you what computers are logged into your facebook account. You can use that to see if someone else hacked your account from another location. https://www.facebook.com/help/337244676357509/ might help, but this is a Facebook question not a firefox one.

New User

sorry for the caps. this is my first post. i get very busy & don't have the time to cap/uncap etc... and i don't mean to shout at anyone who thinks i am. thank you for your solution and link to fb, it really helped me out. thanks a million and many blessings.