cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use tiny.cc to make tiny URLs, and Firefox is giving me this message for the website or any of my previous links: "Disallowed Key Characters."

Highlighted
New User

I use tiny.cc to make tiny URLs, and Firefox is giving me this message for the website or any of my previous links: "Disallowed Key Characters."

Tiny.cc worked previously. I have updated my firefox to latest version, but it still doesn't work. As I OFTEN have to shrink a link to use in a tweet, this is very distressing, and although I've searched and searched, I cannot find a solution. (Other than to open safari, which is a PITA. and eew.)

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: I use tiny.cc to make tiny URLs, and Firefox is giving me this message for the website or any of my previous links: "Disallowed Key Characters."

Does this issue occur on another browser? Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?

New User

Re: I use tiny.cc to make tiny URLs, and Firefox is giving me this message for the website or any of my previous links: "Disallowed Key Characters."

The issue does not occur with Safari. And yes, I've cleared the cache/cookies.

Site Moderator

Make sure that you haven't included HTML or other code if you copy text from a web page to the clipboard.

You can check that via the right-click context menu and choose "View Selection Source".