cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use Hotmail for my business e-mail account and after an automatic upgrade I can no longer send out e-mails. HELP!!

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I use Hotmail for my business e-mail account and after an automatic upgrade I can no longer send out e-mails. HELP!!

When I try to send out an e-mail, it lets me enter the recipient's name and a subject but I am unable to enter anything in the body. I have not been able to add attachments for a while now because of the last time I upgraded. As I stated, this is my business e-mail and I really need it to be working. Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I use Hotmail for my business e-mail account and after an automatic upgrade I can no longer send out e-mails. HELP!!

Your UserAgent string in Firefox is probably messed up by another program that you installed. Hotmail thinks you are using Firefox 3.0.19
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Agent

type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter
If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Filter = general.useragent.
Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset.
Then restart Firefox

If you are using Firefox 3.0.19 by choice, you need to update Firefox.

5 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I use Hotmail for my business e-mail account and after an automatic upgrade I can no longer send out e-mails. HELP!!

Your UserAgent string in Firefox is probably messed up by another program that you installed. Hotmail thinks you are using Firefox 3.0.19
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Agent

type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter
If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Filter = general.useragent.
Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset.
Then restart Firefox

If you are using Firefox 3.0.19 by choice, you need to update Firefox.

Legendary Contributor

When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.

1. Clear Firefox's Cache

orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Options > Advanced

On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now"

2. If needed, delete your live.com cookies here (this will log you out)

While viewing a page on the site, right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"

Then try logging back into email. Does that help?

Legendary Contributor

By the way, you are running a vulnerable version of Flash. Consider visiting the Plugin Check page for some updates when you get a chance.

http://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/

New Contributor

Oh my goodness! Thank you sooo much! This worked. I can now stop sending the business e-mails from my personal account - ha ha. Since you helped me with this, maybe you can help me with one more thing. I haven't been able to attach to e-mails in this account for quite awhile now, just been using a jump drive, since a previous automatic update. I didn't obsess over it due to the fact that I could still send e-mails. Any more help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

By the way, you also put it in terms I could understand.  I'm not computer illiterate, just not as up to date as I should be.  Step-by-steps help alot! Smiley Very Happy
Support Forum Moderator

Which answer solved your problem?

Was it the User Agent or the cache / cookies?