cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded from version 3.6.25 to ver 11. Some of the websites I use load half on and half off screen. So I uninstalled it and put old ver back on but it is still happening. What's wrong?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I upgraded from version 3.6.25 to ver 11. Some of the websites I use load half on and half off screen. So I uninstalled it and put old ver back on but it is still happening. What's wrong?

I used version 3.6.25 and everything was fine. I kept getting prompted to upgrade so I finally decided to do it. Now certain wesites load with the right side of screen empty. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled 3.6.25 but it is still happening. I have tried all the suggestions I could find on support forums and nothings works. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it? I run Windows 7 64-bit

6 REPLIES
Shooting Star Contributor

Re: I upgraded from version 3.6.25 to ver 11. Some of the websites I use load half on and half off screen. So I uninstalled it and put old ver back on but it is still happening. What's wrong?

Maybe the zoom setting got messed up for some reason. Try pressing Ctrl and 0 at the same time to reset it. More info here - Font size and zoom - increase the size of web pages

If that doesn't work can you submit a screenshot of what you're seeing? Instructions here - How do I create a screenshot of my problem?

Site Moderator

Re: I upgraded from version 3.6.25 to ver 11. Some of the websites I use load half on and half off screen. So I uninstalled it and put old ver back on but it is still happening. What's wrong?

It is possible that the screen is too wide or too high and that content or scroll bars fall off.

• Use Restore or Maximize in the right-click context menu of the Taskbar icon to set focus to the Firefox application if you do not see the Firefox window.
  • Open the system menu of that Firefox window via Alt+Space and see if you can move and resize that window.

If that works then close Firefox (File > Exit/Quit) to save that setting.

See also:

If the above didn't help then see:

New Contributor

Tried everything and I still get this.

2012-03-19-14-14-01-3e9dc2.png
New Contributor

Tried everything and I still get this.

2012-03-19-14-15-13-3e9dc2.png
New Contributor

I always had to scroll down but never side to side before.

New Contributor

I always had to scroll down before but never side to side.