cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I somehow lost the entire bars at the top of the browser that show the "file, edit", etc . options, along with the bar that has the current web address, bookmarks, home, undo, etc. How do I get these toolbars back?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

I somehow lost the entire bars at the top of the browser that show the "file, edit", etc . options, along with the bar that has the current web address, bookmarks, home, undo, etc. How do I get these toolbars back?

I can still open my homepage (Google), and the browser will find things from there, but that's the only way that I can navigate around. I downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of Firefox, but it still opens with the same problem, even after restarting the computer. The only tool bar that I have at the top is the one with my tabbed bookmarks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I somehow lost the entire bars at the top of the browser that show the "file, edit", etc . options, along with the bar that has the current web address, bookmarks, home, undo, etc. How do I get these toolbars back?

5 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I somehow lost the entire bars at the top of the browser that show the "file, edit", etc . options, along with the bar that has the current web address, bookmarks, home, undo, etc. How do I get these toolbars back?

Shooting Star

Press ALT or F10 in your keyboard to make the Menu Bar temporarily visible. If you want it to be permanently visible, go into View > Toolbars > Menu Bar, or right-click the Navigation Toolbar (the Reload button, for example) and select Menu Bar.

If this doesn't help, right-click the navigation toolbar, select Customize... and click Restore Default Set. If it doesn't appear right away, try pressing ALT or F10. You can go into View > Toolbars > Menu Bar to make it permanently visible, or right-click the Navigation Toolbar and select Menu Bar.

If none of this helps, you may be having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Try disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal.

New User

Thank you sooooo much I was lost without that toolbar!!!!!!!!!!!!

New User

Thank you so much for sharing your information . I thought I was going to loose the rest of my hair . Thanks again

New User

thank you so much! I though I could never fix it!!!! Thanks again!!!