cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I set preferences @ "Clear History When FireFox Closes"... Now it doesn't allow FireFox to close at all w/o using Force Quite ( Mac w/ osx 10.5.8) Thanks.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I set preferences @ "Clear History When FireFox Closes"... Now it doesn't allow FireFox to close at all w/o using Force Quite ( Mac w/ osx 10.5.8) Thanks.

How should we have or preferences set, so that it will close / quit completely, and allow us to clear or history?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: I set preferences @ "Clear History When FireFox Closes"... Now it doesn't allow FireFox to close at all w/o using Force Quite ( Mac w/ osx 10.5.8) Thanks.

Does it help if you exclude the cookies and instead let the cookies expire when you close Firefox?

• Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
3 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: I set preferences @ "Clear History When FireFox Closes"... Now it doesn't allow FireFox to close at all w/o using Force Quite ( Mac w/ osx 10.5.8) Thanks.

How long did you wait? Some elements of history take longer to clear than others. In particular, clearing the disk cache can freeze Firefox for 30 seconds or up to a couple of minutes you have a large hard drive. I suspect it will be quicker in the future if you are clearing after each session. You also can fine-tune what is cleared to avoid the cache if clearing it takes forever.

Site Moderator

Does it help if you exclude the cookies and instead let the cookies expire when you close Firefox?

• Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
New Contributor

I guess that was it... it just needed some initial working time to get through all of the previous history / searches... works as designed right now... Quick and Smooth... Thank YOU so much for the reply!