cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm still on v.11. I found later versions did not allow me to copy and paste images/pictures. Did Firefox correct that problem now?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

I'm still on v.11. I found later versions did not allow me to copy and paste images/pictures. Did Firefox correct that problem now?

I am still on Firefox v. 11. I have installed later versions, and reverted back to v. 11, because all the later versions did not allow me to copy and paste images/pictures from emails. Did Firefox correct this problem definitively in their latest version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SUMO Contributor

Re: I'm still on v.11. I found later versions did not allow me to copy and paste images/pictures. Did Firefox correct that problem now?

Yes, the macro works when there is a single bitmap on the clipboard. When you copy HTML with multiple embedded images and paste as HTML, Word should try to re-create the webpage contents (although fonts are not likely to be the same).

You can enable the Developer toolbar in Word 2010 and try using the recorder feature. The recorder can record menu selections, dialog actions, and keystrokes, but not mouse clicks that don't trigger one of those. Studying the recorded macros, you can start to get an idea of how Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is written. There's reasonably good help if you select a function, property, or object name and press F1. There's also a hierarchical object browser (F2) so you can see a list of, say, all the different values that property can have. Since VBA is an older technology, you might find some used books on it. The ones I have date back to the late 90s.

But I digress... back to Firefox.

24 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: I'm still on v.11. I found later versions did not allow me to copy and paste images/pictures. Did Firefox correct that problem now?

You should always be able to copy and posted pictures. The coding on websites may have changed, changing the way things are copied and pasted..

New User

I have installed/updated v.11 to v.19.0.2, then tried to right click "copy image" on an image in an email, and paste it in WORD. V.11 continues to be the last version I was able to copy/paste an image from email to WORD. Every Firefox version after than refuses to copy/paste an image to WORD from email. So, sadly, I will be reverting to v.11 again.

Site Moderator

What is the error message you are receiving? What version is Microsoft office? What file type is the image you are trying to copy?

New User

thx for wanting to help.

1. Office Home and Student 2010 (WORD 2010), previously WORD 2002 (WORKS SUITE 2006);

2. Cursor keeps on blinking, no error message. With v. 11, right click on the image in the forwarded email I have received, copy, then paste into WORD, would transfer the image. Actually, it would be 2-step process: a. copy/paste the whole email, which is a forwarded article, would transfer the text; b. right click on the image, then copy/paste the image (presumably imbeded in the text) would transfer the image into the text already transferred into WORD.

3. In a round-about-way, the image could be sent (right-click send to) elsewhere, or the link could be transferred, but if there are a lot of images, it would be time-consuming.

Site Moderator

Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.

Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.

To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.

New User

updated all the plugins and installed Firefox 19.0.02, and I still can not copy/paste the image.

New User

.... at least, I have updated all the plugins.

SUMO Contributor

Hello quintuplets, can you create a new profile and check it again ?

Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox

see also : Clipboard not working

thank you

New User

I have tried resetting firefox but it did no good still get a security massage when i tried to copy and paste and it still blocks it. Joan