cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my bookmarks when I re-installed Firefox - how do I get them back?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I lost my bookmarks when I re-installed Firefox - how do I get them back?

For a couple of month ago Firefox did'nt work at all - so I re-installed it and then I lost all my previous bookmarks. I miss them and I don't know how to get them back.

4 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: I lost my bookmarks when I re-installed Firefox - how do I get them back?

Hi 08Midde

see if you have a places.sqlite file in your profile folder, if exist you can move it to your new profile.

see also : Mac OS X Lion hides the ~/Library folder (which contains the profile folder for Mozilla applications...

EDIT : If, in the past remove/uninstall and your user data and settings (bookmarks, extensions, etc.), not a "simple" uninstall from : ~Library/Application Support/Firefox , probably you can not find the places.sqlite file, sorry.

thank you

New Contributor

HELP!!! I have tried the proceedure and it doesn't work. In trying to get my start page to google i accidentally agreed to mozilla cleaning all add ons, which delete my very valuable bookmarks. when I go to the profile ( there is only one) to restor the backups it says "unable to restore file for every dalte shown. The files show 708kb so something is there. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Contributor

This is aggravating to not be able to get real human help. i am not a computer person so i need a less convoluted way to solve this problem. I want to do MY work, not spend my time on computer stuff!!!

Site Moderator

Hi katrinabud.

Can you please start a new thread for your question instead of using an existing thread?

Then you can provide more information like your operating system and installed extensions and installed plugins.

See also:

You can also check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder: