cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting the following message and crash - "plugin container for firefox has stopped working." How can I fix this?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master Contributor

I keep getting the following message and crash - "plugin container for firefox has stopped working." How can I fix this?

Over the last few day the interent has been crashing with the following response - "plugin container for firefox has stopped working." Why and how can I fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: I keep getting the following message and crash - "plugin container for firefox has stopped working." How can I fix this?

If anyone wants to disable the plugin container, read this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/The%20Adobe%20Flash%20plugin%20has%20crashed#Disable_hang_protec...

Note that the above referenced KB article is about disabling the timeout and not about disabling the container process. To disable the container process you need to sett all dom.ipc.plugins.enabled prefs to false.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin-container_and_out-of-process_plugins

cor-el

171 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor

Re: I keep getting the following message and crash - "plugin container for firefox has stopped working." How can I fix this?

same problem with my computer firefox used to be really good but now its crashing so its cast a doubt now. when ever i go on a video firefox crashes

Grand Master Contributor

I too have the same problem when using Google analytics, it crashes.

Grand Master Contributor

I have both the plugin container message and video crashing as well.

Grand Master Contributor

Me too - and I cannot access PDfs . . .

Grand Master Contributor

I crash when in Face book

Grand Master Contributor

I really like firefox but when you up grade it 2 times ago you have a glitch and nobody knows how to fix it if you cant fix it soon Im leaving finding something new

Grand Master Contributor

on laptop for about 10 min then it crashes showing plugin container

Grand Master Contributor

Same problem here. The problems started after the previous update. The problem is getting worse after Firefox updated itself a few days ago. I have 3.6.4

Grand Master Contributor

same problem for me!!!!!!!!