cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I installed "HP smart web printing" and went to EXT and it said it was disabled because firefox doesn't support this extention. Is there a possibility in the near future to consider adding this EXT program to be compatible?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I installed "HP smart web printing" and went to EXT and it said it was disabled because firefox doesn't support this extention. Is there a possibility in the near future to consider adding this EXT program to be compatible?

It is compatible with Explorer but I really would prefer to work with Firefox but I also really like this HP program. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I installed "HP smart web printing" and went to EXT and it said it was disabled because firefox doesn't support this extention. Is there a possibility in the near future to consider adding this EXT program to be compatible?

It is up to HP to make it compatible with Firefox. AFAIK, that add-on hasn't been compatible with Firefox for a few years already, like maybe the Firefox 3.5 version. I used that add-on back in 2006 & 2007 and gave up on using it because HP was always very slack on updating it when a new version of Firefox was released. Like it took HP 9 months to update it for a new version of Firefox and then 3 months later another new version of Firefox came out and it quit working again.

2 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I installed "HP smart web printing" and went to EXT and it said it was disabled because firefox doesn't support this extention. Is there a possibility in the near future to consider adding this EXT program to be compatible?

It is up to HP to make it compatible with Firefox. AFAIK, that add-on hasn't been compatible with Firefox for a few years already, like maybe the Firefox 3.5 version. I used that add-on back in 2006 & 2007 and gave up on using it because HP was always very slack on updating it when a new version of Firefox was released. Like it took HP 9 months to update it for a new version of Firefox and then 3 months later another new version of Firefox came out and it quit working again.

Shooting Star Contributor

Browsers that HP chooses to support are the last item (Technical Specifications) on this page --> http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/482779-0-0-39-121.html

If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.

Not related to your question, but...

You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary: