cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have noticed that Gmail has stopped working with my latest Firefox Update (15). Is anyone else having this issue?

Highlighted
New User

I have noticed that Gmail has stopped working with my latest Firefox Update (15). Is anyone else having this issue?

It starts the loading screen and then hangs...

5 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I have noticed that Gmail has stopped working with my latest Firefox Update (15). Is anyone else having this issue?

No problems here. Try clearing your cache and cookies.

1. Open the Tools menu, then select Clear Recent History.
  2. In the Time Range to clear drop-down, select Everything.
  3. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
  4. Select both Cookies and Cache.
  5. Click Clear Now.
New User

Re: I have noticed that Gmail has stopped working with my latest Firefox Update (15). Is anyone else having this issue?

Hey Chris,

I tend to not store cookies or history to begin with - and that was the first thing I tried with this issue.

So far only gmail is affected.

Support Forum Moderator

If you close Firefox, then start Firefox in Safe Mode, does the problem still occur? To start in Safe Mode, go to Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled.

If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode, then you can disable your extensions one-by-one until you find out which one is causing the problem. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.

If that doesn't work, we'll need some more info about your Firefox setup. Go to Help > Troubleshooting Information then click Copy all to Clipboard. Open a reply to this post, and go to Edit > Paste to paste the info from your Troubleshooting Information page.

Site Moderator

The Gmail site may not be working properly with cookies disabled (blocked).

Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.

• Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
  • Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
  • Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)

You can also try to reset the preferences if there are other changes made from the default.

New User

That did the trick. It was weird - I had 4 extensions called "Save As 2.4" loaded for whatever reason. Time to run a malware scan I guess...