cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been getting this message for over a week: Yahoo! Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later.

Highlighted
New User

I have been getting this message for over a week: Yahoo! Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later.

I have been using yahoo mail on firefox for years, but now I can't reply to an email. Every time I try to reply to a message I get this:

Yahoo! Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later.

I have switched browsers, and both explorer and chrome work fine. So, I will be switching permanently to Chrome if this cannot be fixed soon. I really like Firefox, but if I can't reply to an email, what good is it to use Firefox when I can reply fine on other browsers?

16 REPLIES
New User

Re: I have been getting this message for over a week: Yahoo! Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later.

I did just realize that the problem has something to do with my other mail account. I have an email address associated with my website and forward mail to my yahoo account. I cannot reply to anything I receive via my website mail address. I could for years with firefox and I can in other browsers though, so it looks like I will have to switch to another browser, unless I can resolve this issue soon... help?

Site Moderator

Re: I have been getting this message for over a week: Yahoo! Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later.

Try to clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
New User

Also cannot reply to messages in Yahoo Mail in Firfox, error: Yahoo! Mail found the original email, but encountered problems displaying it. Please try again later.

Works fine using Chrome browser.

Clearing cookies and history doesn't help.

Site Moderator

hello romielittrell, in this thread a user has found out that the problem might be related to the ghostery addon - do you have it installed too?

New User

I have the problem and have the Ghostery plug-in blocking all tracking objects.

Works fine on Chrome which also has Ghostery blocking all tracking objects (cookies, gifs, etc..)

Thanks.

Site Moderator

click on the ghostery icon while you're in yahoo's webmail, choose "edit blocking options" & then don't block on this domain

New User

Thanks but that defeats the purpose of Ghostery. Clearly the issue is with Yahoo Mail using a tracking object that's also considered a tracking object so the fault lies with them but unless they fix it I'll probably stick with Chrome.

New User

I posted here [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../947471#answer-399744] my resolution to this, which does involve disabling Ghostery on Yahoo! mail. I agree with az1982 that Ghostery shouldn't need to be defeated to fix this problem, but I disagree that this is Firefox's fault. I blame Yahoo! mail for allowing this. Maybe it is a bug only for Firefox, but it's a pretty gaping wound to go untreated for nearly three days.

New User

It's a Yahoo Mail bug, not Firefox. I was able to recreate the problem under Chrome. You need to add login.yahoo.com to the Whitelist in Ghostery. Once you are into Yahoo Mail Ghostery appears to work normally.