I have a PC and my Internet explorer works fine but somehow Firefox is not working (not displaying pages) - what can I do to solve
I am not sure what happened, whether it was through a Firefox update or what but I have a PC running on Windows 7 and my Internet Explorer browser works just fine but my Firefox browser (which has been working previously), no longer works...gets a page cannot be displayed type error. I am wondering what advice is there to troubleshoot and figure out the cause. Since IE is working, it cannot be proxy or connection issues but it must be a specific problem with the browser (and yes I already did uninstall and reinstall as well and that didn't work either).
I like Firefox because it is faster and generally more efficient.
Re: I have a PC and my Internet explorer works fine but somehow Firefox is not working (not displaying pages) - what can I do to solve
I have very similar problem. Suddenly Firefox stopped work - It was working few days after ver. 4 update. I was looking everywhere for some solution but nothing worked.
- uninstalled firewall - did not worked
- added full exception for Firefox into the firewall - did not worked
- Firefox reinstall - did not worked
- Firefox complete reinstall (registry included) - did not worked
- IPv6 diseabling - did not worked
- diferent proxy options (no proxy, system proxy, autodetect proxy) - did not worked
- new firefox profile - did not worked
- complete coockies, history... deleted - did not worked
- there is only one solution which partly works - I have used public proxy addresses for Firefox but the ping is (750ms), down/up (0.8MB/0.2MB originaly (10MB/2MB) and yes I have tried different proxy server from different countries from my included.
- IE is working perfectly and without proxy
- other companies browser - did not worked too
- only IE is working
- I have used three different malware, trojans, spyware, anti-virus programs and nothing
It seems to me as hopeless situation or very clever move from Microsoft, I am forced to use IE - at least this works
Any ideas, solutions?
System Windows 7, firewall Comodo Internet security