cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Adblock Plus installed. The icon disappeared. How do I get it to come back?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have Adblock Plus installed. The icon disappeared. How do I get it to come back?

I upgraded to Firefox version 4. I thought I saw the icon for Adblock Plus when I first installed it. I noticed the McAfee Site Adviser was disabled so I tried to find a replacement for it in the meantime. I think that downloading the Site Adviser from the Add-ons site may have caused the problem, but I can't be 100% sure because I didn't notice the missing icon until I wanted to use it. I can't figure out why the icon for Adblock Plus disappeared or how to get it to come back.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY
New Contributor

Re: I have Adblock Plus installed. The icon disappeared. How do I get it to come back?

OK, here's what you do.

In the upper left corner of your Firefox screen, go to View > Toolbars and make sure that you have the Add-on bar [√] checked. Then go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > AdBlock Plus > Options > Options and make sure that you have "Show in toolbar" [√] checked.

The ABP icon will now show up in your Add-on bar.

OR if you are like me and don't want that bar, go to View > Toolbars and UNcheck Add-on bar [ ]. Then find an empty spot at the top of your screen and right-click customize. Your Add-on bar will appear *even though you have it turned off*. NOW drag and drop the ABP icon to where ever you want it. NOTE: you MUST have Show in Toolbar checked [√] in your Adblock Plus options... even if you have that toolbar not showing.