cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 18.0.2 and when the download loaded and attempted to install it crashed my computer badly. When will this be fixed?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have 18.0.2 and when the download loaded and attempted to install it crashed my computer badly. When will this be fixed?

I am afraid to continue using Firefox because of the severe crash that occurred. It took a long time to recover and I was afraid that I was not going to recover. Windows came up in safe mode and did a lot of searching and and finally fixed the problem. I am running Windows 7x64 on an i5 machine with 8 gig of memory.

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: I have 18.0.2 and when the download loaded and attempted to install it crashed my computer badly. When will this be fixed?

1. Click the Windows Start button, and select Run... on Windows XP or press Windows Key + R on Windows Vista/7. Type in "%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\submitted" including the quotation marks and click OK.

2. In the resulting folder will be a text file for each crash report you have submitted. Using the View menu, arrange them by date to find out which is the newest file; and double-click on it to open it.

3. Report back to us with the latest crash ids.

New Contributor

Re: I have 18.0.2 and when the download loaded and attempted to install it crashed my computer badly. When will this be fixed?

I tried this and it did not work.

The message said to include the quotes, but there were no quotes. So I tried it again but adding my own quotes. I got the same result.

I have attached images of the entry that I made and the resulting error message. There are two copies of the entry because you cannot see the full entry on one screen so I had to scroll and take a second screen shot.

Now what?

2013-02-19-23-24-21-c8fb81.png 2013-02-19-23-24-37-1fa1ee.png 2013-02-19-23-24-46-f166c6.png
Site Moderator

Please make sure you are the administrator of the computer. You must be the administrator to perform these steps.