cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get this message on the new Firefox v22 -Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I get this message on the new Firefox v22 -Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object

Every time I go to a website other than mozilla support I get the following -Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object

I have updated Java on my Windows 8 machine. I have not gone to 8.1 yet. On the older version of Firefox -(I used it an hour ago) this message did not appear.

What do I need to do>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: I get this message on the new Firefox v22 -Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object

I had the same message and disabled the You tube downloader video 1.3 and it went away. Hope it helps kathelee@gmail.com

23 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: I get this message on the new Firefox v22 -Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object

hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe one of your addons is not working nicely with the new firefox version...

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

New Contributor

disabled all add-ons and problem stop... now will start to add them back one by one Smiley Happy

Legendary Contributor

New Contributor

I had the same issue and I fixed it...so far.

Firefox 22 MacBook i7 - Mac OS X 10.8.4 Java 7 Update 25

I disabled all the add Ons and re enabled them one by one.

The ones causing that problem where all related to google : 1 - Google Search by Image / 2 - Search By Image (by Google) / 3 - DeeperWeb - Boost and Customize Google Search

I disabled them and the problem disappear. this is the collection of installed Add Ons without problems so far :

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/mauxuam/addtested-ok-with-firefox-22/
New Contributor

I am receiving Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object frequently with all add-ons disabled. Have trashed Java applet. No help.

Macbook Pro Mountain Lion.

Any help appreciated.

New Contributor

I disabled fbphototheaterkiller and it fixed the problem with: "Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object". these annoying error messages on Mozilla Firefox are now gone! Hurrey!!!!

New Contributor

I disabled youtube downloader video 1.2 add-ons and it fixed the problem with: "Error: Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object".

New Contributor

This is a follow up.

I have disabled all add-ons. The error message continues.

I hope Firefox is going to fix this issue soon, as it makes using the browser very difficult.

Legendary Contributor

Hi jmcox11, just to make sure, when you disabled all add-ons, did you visit all 3 of these tabs:

Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category (most relevant)
Tools menu > Add-ons > Appearance category (sometimes relevant)
Tools menu > Add-ons > Plugins category (possibly relevant)