Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error saying I need at least Firefox 3.6 but I have Firefox 3.6.22

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

I get an error saying I need at least Firefox 3.6 but I have Firefox 3.6.22

On particular websites, such as 'Words with Friends' on Facebook and Pandora, I get an error saying that my browser is not supported and I need to upgrade. However, I am running the latest version (3.6.22) that can be run on my machine--I have OS X 10.4.11. In 'Words with Friends' I just click 'ok' and it loads, but I can't get Pandora to override the error. I've had this problem for quite awhile now, and I am pretty certain it is some setting on this machine, because the machine I use at work has the same version of OS X and Firefox and does not have the same problem. I have tried reinstalling Firefox to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: I get an error saying I need at least Firefox 3.6 but I have Firefox 3.6.22

You have user agent that is corrupted by Fast Browser Search and that identifies you as Firefox/3.5.6 FBSMTWB

• Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 FBSMTWB

See:

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

You have user agent that is corrupted by Fast Browser Search and that identifies you as Firefox/3.5.6 FBSMTWB

• Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 FBSMTWB

See:

New User

Thanks cor-el! I have one problem though...when I go to the about:config file, it won't let me reset the values--I can only edit them. Any other suggestions? I was able to reset general.useragent.override. I'll see if that fixes things.

New User

That worked! I reset general.useragent.override, the rest were already defaulted.

Site Moderator

You're welcome

You can only reset preferences that appear bold (user set). If they are the default then Reset will be grayed to indicate that.