cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not have 'Iminent' in my list of programs to uninstall. I want rid of the thing ! HOW?

Highlighted
New User

I do not have 'Iminent' in my list of programs to uninstall. I want rid of the thing ! HOW?

I have been using Firefox for several years and have enjoyed it, first off; however, I have become aggravated enough with the last 2 updates to ditch it, if it can't act right.

I have tired to uninstall that pesky Iminent search, followed instructions for removal, only to find it is NOT in my program line up so I cannot uninstall it !! What do I do now? I have totally taken Firefox 9.01 out, hoping it would allow me to get rid of this pesky, obtrusive thing that keeps coming up rather than my home page ! I do not like it !! I want rid of it.

Also with my last 2 updates or upgrades, I lost the very best program add on I had, "Norton Toolbar" !! It kept all my accounts ids log in information, and gave me info about the pages I was in doubt about. Now I have Norton 360, 5.0, have had it updated so I could run it on this 9. and 9.01, and it isn't even in the line up for add on. I was even using Firefox as my default most of the time, now there is no way I will with this going on.

bsm@cablerocket.com

2 REPLIES
Shooting Star

Re: I do not have 'Iminent' in my list of programs to uninstall. I want rid of the thing ! HOW?

Iminent search

1. Reset your home page (if the search page is displayed when starting Firefox): http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page
    • You can reset to the default by clicking "Restore to default" on Options > General > Startup > Home page. Be sure to set "When Firefox starts" to "Show my home page" on that same panel.
  2. Reset your Location Bar search engine (if typing a few words in the URL/Location Bar takes you to Ask search):

Norton

If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.

Support Forum Moderator

Re: I do not have 'Iminent' in my list of programs to uninstall. I want rid of the thing ! HOW?

An old trick that sometimes works is to install it again and then remove it via the instructions here:

http://www.iminent.com/Help/uninstall