Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot right click to block ads/images with the "new" Firefox 4 browser

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I cannot right click to block ads/images with the "new" Firefox 4 browser

The older versions of Firefox you could block images and ads by right clicking and using the "blocking image feature" this function has disappeared with Firefox 4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I cannot right click to block ads/images with the "new" Firefox 4 browser

It was removed from the context menu because people were accidentally blocking images. You can still block images but there is an extra step to take. Right-click on an image that you want to block and select "View Image Info". This will open up a dialog box that contains an option to block images from the domain the image was from.

2 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

It was removed from the context menu because people were accidentally blocking images. You can still block images but there is an extra step to take. Right-click on an image that you want to block and select "View Image Info". This will open up a dialog box that contains an option to block images from the domain the image was from.

New Contributor

Okay, but.... It sure was easier to just "right click" and block, the old Firefox you could still "undo" the blocked image. This the first upgrade that I do not like as much as the "older" version. I uninstalled Firefox 4 and reinstalled Firefox/3.6.16 and I will use it as long as I can.