cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot print from Firefox, keep getting "an unknown error occurred while printing."

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I cannot print from Firefox, keep getting "an unknown error occurred while printing."

Whenever I attempt to print something from Firefox (email, receipt, and so on), printing fails and I get the message "an unknown error occurred while printing." Printing from Internet Explorer works without any problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I cannot print from Firefox, keep getting "an unknown error occurred while printing."

You're welcome.

Please mark this thread as Solved, by using the Helpful button when you are logged in to this forum.

19 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: I cannot print from Firefox, keep getting "an unknown error occurred while printing."

New Contributor

Seems to have worked. Thanks!

Support Forum Moderator

You're welcome.

Please mark this thread as Solved, by using the Helpful button when you are logged in to this forum.

New Contributor

Am having the same problem, and we've tried the reset and tried fully uninstalling FF and files and reinstalling, same problem. Prints from from IE, Chrome.....what else? I see alot of other people out on the web having the same issue. Window 7 64-bit, Firefox 3.6.15 (was 3.6.14), HP color laser printer.

New Contributor

Yes, I've read that the reset only works for a brief time after which the problem recurs. So far I'm still able to print but I don't expect that to last. I'd hate to have to open IE every time I want to print something.

New Contributor

I have this problem also but the reset did not work and I need to print from my online class if this is the way it is going to be give me back the old Fire fox or fix this problem it is not my fault everything was fine until up date to firefiox 4 I guess I will go back to internet explorer let me know when you fix this problem until then you lost me.

New Contributor

Does not work for me no kidding I want to remain with Mozilla what will you do to keep me as your customer or should I say your Guest!

New Contributor

Still not working why did mozilla do such a negative thing

New Contributor

I reset my firefox preference as directed & it worked. It had the wrong value under print.print_printer