Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get a new tab to open when clicking on the + tab

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I cannot get a new tab to open when clicking on the + tab

I cannot open a new tab by clicking the + sign in Firefox. This feature works in Chrome and IE. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox. I have done all the available updates. I have done a reboot 2x. Ctrl T will not open a new tab either; however, I can do a search for something and right click to open in a new tab. I use the tabs frequently and really miss them.

HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: I cannot get a new tab to open when clicking on the + tab

hello stefbrooks, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here (look out for tab-related ones in particular)...

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

hello stefbrooks, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here (look out for tab-related ones in particular)...

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

New Contributor

Worked fine in safe mode. I backed up all my bookmarks and reset Firefox. So far so good. Thanks for the help!