cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my openoffice documents. I keep getting a run time error message

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I cannot access my openoffice documents. I keep getting a run time error message

When I try to open any OpenOffice.org 3.0 file I get a message that says Run time error! This application has asked the Run Time to terminate it in an unusual way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: I cannot access my openoffice documents. I keep getting a run time error message

Please update to the latest version of openoffice which is 3.4.1 which is available on openoffice.org

Thank You!

9 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: I cannot access my openoffice documents. I keep getting a run time error message

Please try updating to version 19.0

Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.

Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.

To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.

New Contributor

I updated Flash player but it did not solve the problem. Thanks anyway.

New Contributor

The error message specifically says Runtime Error!

Program:C\Programfiles\openoffice.org3\program\soffice.bin.

This application as requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Site Moderator

Please update to the latest version of openoffice which is 3.4.1 which is available on openoffice.org

Thank You!

Site Moderator

After providing that error message, this may not be completely related to Firefox. There may have been some installation issues. Please reinstall Firefox and install the latest version of openoffice as directed above.

Thank You!

New Contributor

Thank you. The current version of openoffice is currently downloading. If that doesn't work I will try reinstalling Firefox and will keep you posted. Thanks!

New Contributor

Nothing seems to be working. Do you think I might be infected?

New Contributor

I downloaded the lastest version of OpenOffice again and it worked! I can now access my documents. I think when I downloaded before I neglected to complete the installation process. Thank you so much. Of all the forums I have seen on this topic you nailed the problem and the solution on the head. Thanks again!

Site Moderator

Thank you for reporting back! It's users like you that report back that makes a difference.