Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't open my email in hotmail

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I can't open my email in hotmail

I am unable to open my emails in my hotmail account. The page opens and I see the emails in the inbox. When I click on them, nothing happens. If I use IE everything works fine. Please help. I prefer to use Firefox for everything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: I can't open my email in hotmail

FIXED - HOTMAIL NOT WORKING PROPERLY IN FIREFOX

1. I disabled all the plugins in Firefox (Firefox - Add-ons - Plugins). Then restart FF.
  2. Hotmail then became fully functional again.
  3. I enabled each plugin one by one until I worked out which one was causing it. Restarting FF each time.

I discovered my issuse was caused by the plugin:

mFlowBrowser Plugin 1.0.0.1

18 REPLIES
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem, it started today. I cant open any e-mails in Hotmail nor navigate to any folders. if I click on something I see the status bar loading until it says "complete", but nothing happens on the screen.

Regular Contributor

Hotmail is rolling out a server change at their end which might be causing this problem. Mozilla has spoken to them about it and they are trying to fix it. I won't be able to provide a time estimate by when it will be solved but hotmail/mozilla is certainly looking at this issue.

I will let you know if get any updates!

New Contributor

Hallo...It is also a problem with Google Chrome....can only access emails via Yahoo! all sorts of other problems too with firefox freezing.and a mysterious computer wanting to get into my facebook details....Oh well the joys of life!Hope we get it sorted soon Cheers Mark

New Contributor

FIXED - HOTMAIL NOT WORKING PROPERLY IN FIREFOX

1. I disabled all the plugins in Firefox (Firefox - Add-ons - Plugins). Then restart FF.
  2. Hotmail then became fully functional again.
  3. I enabled each plugin one by one until I worked out which one was causing it. Restarting FF each time.

I discovered my issuse was caused by the plugin:

mFlowBrowser Plugin 1.0.0.1

New Contributor

disabling plugins (as described by jj72) solved this problem for me as well.

New Contributor

Disable bitTorrent Plugin

New Contributor

I found this on mozillazine and it worked for me: Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button).

New Contributor

Thanks for all the above help! I too disabled a plug in, one by one and restarted after each, and mine is now working as well. the one I disabled was "wildtangentgameappPresenceDetector".

New Contributor

Windows Vista_32 (x86)_U.S. version Firefox _Pale Moon 9.0.1 (build)

Workaround..:: Extension :: ..IE Tab V2 (4.1.3.1) IE Tab V2 for... " Firefox"....is a browser extension that allows you to use Internet Explorer to display web pages in a "tab".

This is useful in many cases where...many....web page requires Internet Explorer features and Internet Explorer web-functions Note: All: Windows (x86)_U.S. version... have IE and WMP (Garbage) preinstalled.. Removal is impossible...!!!..IE Tab V2 (Extension) enables the easy use of this software (Garbage) ...

One discomfort may be FF_theme distortion on web page "area" (Tab) only,

but not the browser FF..this is a minor annoyance...

Addendum: Pale Moon 9 is Firefox 9 for Windows User...

IE Tab V2 .. Caution::..There are different version of ie tab...

Also:: There is no need for installing dangerous and security risk garbage of micro$oft = Active -X components or = Plug-ins (M$)... to Firefox....

.i.e.. Siverlight - .net .. ect...ect....