cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't export my bookmarks because I can't access the bookmarks icon on the address bar. It is hidden so I can't get to the library where it shows the export

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

I can't export my bookmarks because I can't access the bookmarks icon on the address bar. It is hidden so I can't get to the library where it shows the export

The export process described in the help section works fine on older versions of Firefox and I have used this when I ran Windows XP, but now I'm on W7 and my browser does not display the bookmarks option to export bookmarks to an HTML file. How do I get to this utility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legendary Contributor

Re: I can't export my bookmarks because I can't access the bookmarks icon on the address bar. It is hidden so I can't get to the library where it shows the export

Firefox hides the Bookmarks menu drop-down button when you have the full menu bar displayed: in that case, you can use the Bookmarks menu on the full menu bar. Or you can switch back to the orange Firefox button (with the compact two-column menu) as described in this article: Display the Firefox button menu instead of the menu toolbar.

If you are a keyboard-oriented person, you can open the Library dialog to the Bookmarks section by pressing Ctrl+Shift+b (for History, Ctrl+Shift+h, for Downloads, Ctrl+j).

3 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: I can't export my bookmarks because I can't access the bookmarks icon on the address bar. It is hidden so I can't get to the library where it shows the export

Firefox hides the Bookmarks menu drop-down button when you have the full menu bar displayed: in that case, you can use the Bookmarks menu on the full menu bar. Or you can switch back to the orange Firefox button (with the compact two-column menu) as described in this article: Display the Firefox button menu instead of the menu toolbar.

If you are a keyboard-oriented person, you can open the Library dialog to the Bookmarks section by pressing Ctrl+Shift+b (for History, Ctrl+Shift+h, for Downloads, Ctrl+j).

Legendary Contributor

One other thought:

Some users have reported that their Bookmarks drop-down button disappeared after upgrading Firefox. You can reset your toolbar buttons using the Customize feature and see whether that helps restore it. See: Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars.

New Contributor

THANKS!! I like the ctrl+shift+b solution. Direct and fast. THanks for the help and quick response!!