cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can no longer use gmail with Firefox since it updated today.

Highlighted
Grand Master Contributor

I can no longer use gmail with Firefox since it updated today.

This morning, Firefox had updates for version 3.6.6 and I did this and now gmail is not working. The page loads and I can see my mail, but I cannot open any of the messages or compose a message and I cannot even see the people on the chat feature (I think this feature didn't even load). Since I can use gmail fine on internet explorer and have checked with other people who say there is nothing wrong with gmail, I am assuming it is a problem with the updates to firefox. My yahoo account works in firefox, so I will give you that email to reply to me.

URL of affected sites

http://mail.google.com

User Agent

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)

37 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor

Re: I can no longer use gmail with Firefox since it updated today.

I am experiencing the same problem with my gmail accounts as well. I also do not think it is the gmail site, since I can access my accounts on my iPhone and on my wife's computer (she currently is using Firefox 3.5.5 as her browser).

Grand Master Contributor

What the heck is going on? I can access it in i.e. or in the HTML version, but nothing else will work.

My problem also started last night. FF 3.6.6. I disabled all add ons, cleared cache and cookies, and gmail just hands on loading and hogs all the system resources.

Grand Master Contributor

Same problem since updating to 3.6.6

Gmail works fine in IE

Grand Master Contributor

exact same problem here

Grand Master Contributor

I went to Tools-->Clear recent history, and cleared everything except site preferences. gmail works fine now.

Grand Master Contributor

I have same issue gmail just goes in to load cycle when you try to open an email. I tried clearing history had no affect. I wish Firefox would stop with the updates seems like every other day there is something that needs updating. unfortunately I have to use it for a VPN connection to work Smiley Sad

Grand Master Contributor

Inbox hangs, cannot open any mail. This is DEFINITELY a FIREFOX 3.6.6 PROBLEM!!!!! I ALSO read on a forum a few days ago that FIREFOX 3.6.6. is NOT entirely SECURE...and 2 days later I got a virus which destroyed my host processing!!!! FIREFOX 3.6.6. SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Master Contributor

Same problem here.

Grand Master Contributor

I have the same problem. When is someone going to give an answer that enables me to correct it?