cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to watch video on pbs.org using firefox. I am able with Safari. I have a mac.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am unable to watch video on pbs.org using firefox. I am able with Safari. I have a mac.

I am trying to watch Downton Abbey on www.pbs.org/masterpiece using Firefox. The video never loads, I just see black. I am able to watch the same thing using Safari. Can you help?

Thank you :-)

4 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: I am unable to watch video on pbs.org using firefox. I am able with Safari. I have a mac.

Are you using Adsblock Extension(Addons)

Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.

Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.

To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.

New Contributor

Re: I am unable to watch video on pbs.org using firefox. I am able with Safari. I have a mac.

I am using Ad Blocker.

I just checked the Plugin site and the Adobe Flash is yellow. This is because I just attempted to correct my problem by downgrading as instructed here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-doesnt-load-video-firefox

I can easily change it back if I need to. Please let me know. Thanks!

2013-01-22-08-01-41-bd8724.png
Legendary Contributor

Update your flash and disable your Adblock and give a try

New Contributor

That worked, but now I have to watch the commercials. Is there a way around that, do you know?