cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not tech savvy and cannot remove searchnu.com/102. Please help

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am not tech savvy and cannot remove searchnu.com/102. Please help

I am not tech savvy and cannot remove searchnu.com/102 from my desktop and all that I am reading only confuses me. Please help!

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: I am not tech savvy and cannot remove searchnu.com/102. Please help

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm a member of the Searchnu Support Team. I'm here to help Smiley Happy

From URL you provided it looks like Searchnu was installed on your PC when you installed jZip- a download manager which includes Searchnu as an option.

When the software was installed onto your pc it offered two basic installs, typical installation, which lists the add-on features such as searchnu default search, and Custom installation, which allows you to select the add-ons that you wish to install. There's no need to worry if you did the typical install - this isn't a virus, nor malware, and there's no need to Perform a virus scan against it.

Please visit jZip's support section where you will find detailed instructions for uninstalling Searchnu at:http://jzip.kayako.com/Troubleshooter/Step/View/1

If you followed the instructions and still can't find a solution to the issue, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will walk you through it Smiley Happy

Thank you, The Searchnu support team

New Contributor

Hey There, I have had this problem with searchnu/102 and did everything but still could not remove!! I have since discovered the following and have been able to remove so my home page goes where I tell it to... ha ha.

When you take some action to remove searchnu/102 there is a box that briefly appears saying searchnu/102 has blocked... etc.. It is located around the the bottom right hand side of screen. On that box is a settings line on the bottom of the box. Very quickly click on settings and just keep removing the protection.... Good luck and enjoy.