cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having a problem with my facebook account with the IP Address belonging to Richardson, TX when I live in huntsville, AL

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having a problem with my facebook account with the IP Address belonging to Richardson, TX when I live in huntsville, AL

My facebook states that it is being accessed from Richardson, TX and I live in Huntsville, AL. Where is foxfire software located.

12 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: I am having a problem with my facebook account with the IP Address belonging to Richardson, TX when I live in huntsville, AL

Hi Annie, We detected a login into your account from an unrecognized device on Friday, May 24, 2013 at 4:35pm. Operating System: Win8 Browser: Firefox Location: Richardson, TX, US (IP=2602:306:2515:829:218f:c9bf:d9fd:9be5) Note: Location is based on internet service provider information. If this was you, please disregard this email. If this wasn't you, please secure your account, as someone else may be accessing it.

Thanks, The Facebook Security Team Please note: Facebook will never request your login information through email.

Support Forum Moderator

Re: I am having a problem with my facebook account with the IP Address belonging to Richardson, TX when I live in huntsville, AL

What does this webpage say about your location?

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

New Contributor

Huntsville, AL

New Contributor

I have the same issue ... checked out Mozilla just now to see if maybe you were located in Richardson and found this thread. Using the check my ip link, it correctly shows my location. But Facebook has for quite a while shown as my location Richardson, TX. In fact, yesterday it locked me out because it didn't recognize my browser! (might be a separate issue). Note: I use the opt-in extra security app to block unknown users.

Hope someone has figured out what's going on by now. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Thanks for using FIREFOX.Do one thing better try using facebook in your chrome or ie.so that you may know weather your facebook is working or not.If not you can contact facebook support. Thank you.

New Contributor

thanks - FB doesn't recognize me when using IE and I don't have chrome, so can't test your theory.

Regular Contributor

No problem.It will be same with chrome,So you can contact facebook support. Thank you.

Regular Contributor

If my reviews are helpful you can press "YES"under the post you see. Thank you.

New Contributor

Well it would be helpful, if Facebook had better support. There's no way that I've found to actually chat with a person or to get a personal response.

I do appreciate your response!