cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting popup with Morilla Firefox at the top as if they are from you. they are usally a survey to win a prize. one just came up on this site.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am getting popup with Morilla Firefox at the top as if they are from you. they are usally a survey to win a prize. one just came up on this site.

For about 2 weeks,I've been getting many, many popups and many have your name at the top and are usually surveys for the site I am on. After checking I find they are not sponsored by that site. I was trusting them because they had you name on the top. I installed an ad blocker but that did not help.

2 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: I am getting popup with Morilla Firefox at the top as if they are from you. they are usally a survey to win a prize. one just came up on this site.

There is the name Mozilla Firefox at the top because that is the name of the browser that you are using. It has nothing to do the site itself.

Site Moderator

Re: I am getting popup with Morilla Firefox at the top as if they are from you. they are usally a survey to win a prize. one just came up on this site.

Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.

Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.

You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.

See also: