cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting a warning: "someone is trying to deceive firefox to get an update that is a security threat

Highlighted
New User

I am getting a warning: "someone is trying to deceive firefox to get an update that is a security threat

This warning ends with: 'please contact your network supplier and ask him for help

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: I am getting a warning: "someone is trying to deceive firefox to get an update that is a security threat

Please create a screenshot of the problem you're seeing by following the guide mentioned at How do I create a screenshot of my problem?.

Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.

Site Moderator

Re: I am getting a warning: "someone is trying to deceive firefox to get an update that is a security threat

Try:

• [/questions/919214] "Something is trying to trick Firefox into accepting an insecure update.
New User

the message I am getting is in Hebrew so I don't know if it helps but here it is

2013-01-28-02-04-22-9ace9c.png
New User

thank's cor-el I do not know which value I can change the app.update.certs.1.issuerName into

this is a home computer 

anyway the value I have now is: OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority,O=Equifax,C=US