cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unhack a browser

Highlighted
New Contributor

How to unhack a browser

My fire-fox browser is hacked. When I open a tab to search a web site it redirects me to different sites and I am getting POP up tabs to advertisement sites. I have tried several types of malware removal programs and they find nothing. I am using windows XP service pack 2 and the version is ..[ Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ].. Please help me remove this problem I dont want to use any other browser because this is so much faster and easier to use then IE Please help Cork.

1 REPLY
Site Moderator

Re: How to unhack a browser

Do a malware check with some malware scan programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.

See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website

If you can't fix it with the above listed scanners then you need to ask advise on one of the forums that specialize in malware removal mentioned in the Popups_not_blocked article.