cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of the new tab Delta Search?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How to get rid of the new tab Delta Search?

I installed a program and it would only install with Delta Search. I reset my homepage to Google but whenever I open a new tab it takes me to the search for Delta, help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: How to get rid of the new tab Delta Search?

I have a solution after finding zero help online, i decided to do it myself and found it was profoundly easy.

type in "about:config" in the url

accept "ill be careful i promise"

type in "new tab browser"

find the delta search bogus garbage and double click the url link.

replace it with what ever you like, google, yahoo, about:blank, after that everything should be the way it was.

your welcome

25 REPLIES
Site Moderator

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

Site Moderator

See also these forum threads:

New User

virus is getting smarter, reset and program won't help but foud that the website helpful: (link removed by mod) wish you luck

New User

I have a solution after finding zero help online, i decided to do it myself and found it was profoundly easy.

type in "about:config" in the url

accept "ill be careful i promise"

type in "new tab browser"

find the delta search bogus garbage and double click the url link.

replace it with what ever you like, google, yahoo, about:blank, after that everything should be the way it was.

your welcome

New User

Thanks a lot ! It worked

New User

about.config no longer works on my Firefox. I still cannot get rid of the damned Delta search. Why are such useless companies allowed to subjugate people so?

New User

well im glad it worked for some, it worked on mine for about a month or so then i moved and now its like a superglued on sticker ontop of superglue on a sticker...i cant get rid of it, its become part of my pc and ive grown to accept it..with easy to open tabs lol

New User

I am so angry for downloading this crap that included all this delta rubbish and now the delta search engine is coming up. Even though i have deleted it from everywhere!!! arrrgh. All this started coz i couldn't open a photo- so i went searching on how to update windows photo viewer! I downloaded some 77zip thing and then discovered all this delta crap came with it.!! what the hell. I think i will stay away from downloading anything!! At one stage i was tricked into thinking i was downloading a photo updater and it was actually some stupid Zinky app. Wasted hours. And still am.

New User

I got so sick of this Delta rubbish and not being able to delete it. It wasn't even in the list of programs in Control panel. Finally I did a search of my computer for Delta and found a folder on my hard drive with that name. I deleted the folder completely and so far, no more Delta. Hope it stays that way.