cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the automatically loading Searchnu.com definitly in my Firefox webadres at start-up

Highlighted
New User

How to delete the automatically loading Searchnu.com definitly in my Firefox webadres at start-up

Since the weekend I always, whan starting up Firefox find searchnu.com in the adress. Googling this problem did not solve it. It only happens when starting up Sirefox, not with I.E. Is this a virus, or...? How to remove it?

7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: How to delete the automatically loading Searchnu.com definitly in my Firefox webadres at start-up

Hey,

I hope that this is only an altered start page setting, so please take a look at this article: How to set the home page

--Tobbi

Site Moderator

Re: How to delete the automatically loading Searchnu.com definitly in my Firefox webadres at start-up

Regular User

Hi, I'm a member of the Searchnu Support Team. I'm here to help Smiley Happy

@SLeer- When the software was installed onto your pc it offered two basic installs, typical installation, which lists the add-on features such as searchnu default search, and Custom installation, which allows you to select the add-ons that you wish to install. There's no need to worry if you did the typical install - this isn't a virus, nor malware, and there's no need to Perform a virus scan against it.

If you want to uninstall Searchnu please follow the next instructions:

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > look for windows searchnu toolbar > Uninstall

If you followed the instructions and still can't find a solution to the issue, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will walk you through it Smiley Happy

Thank you, The Searchnu Support Team

New User

In the Add/Remove Programs there was no Windows searchnu toolbar. So I could not uninstall it that way, nor with Ccleaner. It wat not a toolbar, but the www.searchnu.com adress was always filled in in the adress bar at startup firefox, not at startup I.E. However it was not visible in de windows internet-options, were I always choose about:blank. So I think it was malware, although none of the malware scanners could detect it. Since I have de-installed firefox and all the adds and the favorite and then re-installed firefux and some of the adds, the problem seems to be solved.

New User

You may find that the toolbar is for some reason called 'searchqu toolbar' instead of nu. Don't ask me why, but removal solved this irritating issue.

New User

Removing was indeed very difficult but I succeeded, by de-installing Firefox as well as all the ads and all teh favorites. Then I re-installed firefox and some ads and te problem seems to be solved. It must bij malware since I never asked for it en it was also very difficult to remove.

New User

I did exactly what you described I was able to uninstall the programme you referred but when I entered Chrome again the malware web address appeared again. I am going to report it as a virus because it is something I did not install I don't want to have and I can't remove