cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the number of "windows recently closed" that appear in "Historic" menu?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How to change the number of "windows recently closed" that appear in "Historic" menu?

The maximum number of "windows recently closed" i can have available in my "Historic" menu are 3. How can i change the options it to get more than that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expert Contributor

Re: How to change the number of "windows recently closed" that appear in "Historic" menu?

Hi,

You can try to right-click and Modify the value of browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo in about:config.

1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
  2. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.

about:config Entries

The Config Descriptions add-on adds helpful source comments in about:config.

3 REPLIES
Expert Contributor

Re: How to change the number of "windows recently closed" that appear in "Historic" menu?

Hi,

You can try to right-click and Modify the value of browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo in about:config.

1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
  2. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.

about:config Entries

The Config Descriptions add-on adds helpful source comments in about:config.

Site Moderator

Note that Firefox always seems to remember at least one closed wind even if you've set the above mentioned browser.sessionstore.max_windows_undo pref to 0. That can be a problem with pop-up windows that won't allow to open additional tabs or close existing tabs without closing the window.

New Contributor

Hi dumdidadida, Thanks a lot for your help. It was "right in the target". I can know undo until 10 "recently closed windows".